Did you know that most of the damage done to the electrical appliances is due to current shock, noise and fluctuations?
Has it ever happened to you that in spite of all the protections and precautions your valuable home appliances such as side by side refrigerator, air conditioning or washing machine keep breaking down?
What are the consequences of long hours of power cut?
Considering all these possibilities isn’t it better to prevent them?
By correct knowledge and utilization of the device one can always prevent such incidents since the cost of repairing is mostly higher than precautions.
To avoid such possible incidents/malfunctions we have decided to describe electrical protective systems and emergency power so you could use them with better knowledge.
- What is a protector ?
It’s a device which has only one electric board and cuts the current flow if the voltage of the main power supply is higher or lower than the standard and also has a retarder circuit for re-connection in a specific time.
- What is a stabilizer?
It is a device which stabilizes the consumer’s voltage at the civil standard of 220 volts where if the voltage is higher it is attenuated and if lower amplified and cut the current flow if it exceeds the standard limits.
- Difference between stabilizer and protector?
Emergency power supply includes U.P.S, generator and solar (cells).
- What is U.P.S?
- U.P.S devices are divided into two groups based on their technology:
- 1. Online: Smart U.P.Ss are uninterrupted sources of power and when their batteries are charged they immediately start supplying once the main power supply is cut off. Besides providing suitable power supply due to their accurate filters and double conversion technology, they are also able to protect sensitive computerized, telecommunication and electronic devices against current fluctuations. Pharatel cadilac and S.D.C models are of this type of U.P.S devices.
Application of these U.P.S devices in computer, telecommunication and laboratory networks along with their accessories are suitable for various types of computer servers.
2. Line-interactive: Are smart U.P.S devices which commence their operation 2 to 4 micro seconds after main power supply is cut off. This technology is used in small networks and for the devices that are not so sensitive. Pharatel DSS and SFR models are of this type of U.P.S devices. The output in these U.P.S devices is of sinus pattern. DSS U.P.S has public and office uses whereas SFR U.P.S uses FerroResonant technology which has better noise reduction abilities and is more suitable for industrial uses.
These U.P.S devices are used in small and medium computer networks along with their accessories, telecommunication, laboratory, measuring and banking systems and also suitable to use in security, protective and image surveillance systems.
2.1 Semi-sinus pattern U.P.S: This U.P.S is a sub-division of line-interactive which has a semi-sinus pattern output and is suitable for use in small systems such as monitored door bell, automatic gate openers, fire extinguishing and small image surveillance systems.
- What is a battery?
- It is a device to store electrical energy which could have different forms, capacities and voltages. Their application in telecommunication, U.P.S devices and etc varies according to their dimensions.
- What is a generator?
- It is a device that produces electricity by using fossil fuels and prevents the interruption of daily activities and working procedures and is classified into 3 groups of gas, diesel and petrol based on the fuel used.
- Difference between generator and U.P.S:
- Both devices are capable of supplying energy in case of power cuts, cutting off the output in case of intense fluctuations, protection against overload and short/minute/loose contacts and automatic re-connection after main power supply is cut off but generator takes at least 30 seconds get started. Correction of high and low voltage, noise protection, protection against 2 phased current not needing a special place to keep and maintain are advantages of U.P.S devices which generators do not have.
- Solar cells are board of cells which absorb the energy of the sun and convert it to electricity in a process. The converted energy is stored in special batteries after passing through an electronic circuit which will later be used as a source of energy. In near past times this system didn’t get much attention in Iran since electricity was cheap but as electricity prices have soared public attention has also increased towards such energy sources.
- Solar energy is mainly utilized by various systems for power plants, industries and home usage like solar homes.
Solar power plants are machineries and devices that convert sun light to electricity so as to be used in homes, offices, buildings, streets etc. Providing electricity by means of solar packages for devices such as different types of lights and other home appliances has become very popular nowadays.
By adding a converter to the solar electricity generator complex which coverts D.C current to A.C, you can use all common electrical home appliances.